Bits from Bill

Technology thoughts leaking from the brain of "Bill Pytlovany"

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Daylight Savings Time Change Still a Problem

View from Santa Monica Doubletre Guest Suites
Night One while at the Microsoft Professional Developers Conference

I have to admit, the folks here at the Santa Monica Doubletree Guest Suites made sure I had a room with a great view. I took this photo last night.  Once the sun goes down the Ferris wheel puts on a light show that can only be described as “trippy”.

So far my only problem has been with the alarm clock in my room. I’m running an hour behind because the smart alarm clocks here thought that today was the start of Daylight Savings and fell back over the night. I learned of this problem with a note under my door.

Dear Valued Guest,

Please be aware in room alarm clocks are not correct due to previous programming for day light savings time. Actual time is one hour ahead. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. Should you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to call our CARE line by dialing extension 7.

Hospitality Yours,
Hotel Management Team


Labels: , ,

Share on Facebook


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bad enough for the time zone change. Now your alarm clock is off. By the time you come home, you are not going to have any idea of time.

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you expect from Californians?
They have no idea about what is happening in the REAL world.

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home