Bits from Bill

Technology thoughts leaking from the brain of "Bill Pytlovany"

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Female Journalist in the Media

Normally, I wouldn’t feel it news worthy to point out something specifically about woman in our industry but the topic recently popped up. My old friend Paul Schindler, recently wrote an interesting piece about female journalist in the media.

I found this timely because I just about to rearrange the list of Blogs that I read. It turns out some of my favorite Blogs are written by women with outstanding knowledge and participation in our industry. They also seem to be updated more frequently than other Blogs that I read.

Tops on my list this year has been the Security Garden (where everything is coming up roses ). The garden was created by a fellow upstate New Yorker and popular Microsoft MVP known as Corrine. Along with helping in many forums, she recently put together a great list of bookmarks for anyone interested in learning more about Vista. Click here.

I also depend on information from another MVP who writes Donna’s Security Flash . Donna keeps up with daily information and has had a number of scoops this year where she had news well ahead of the main stream media. Donna’s also well known for her work on Calendar of Updates and her Internet Security Blog at Dozleng.com. I’m not sure she ever sleeps but she did teach me where Macau is located.

Another Microsoft MVP who has specialized in Internet Explorer and beyond since 1999 is Sandi Hardmeier. Sandi’s Blog tells it like is it; “Spyware Sucks”. If you’re looking for information on IE7, you’ll want to visit Sandi’s IE-Vista site.

I don’t have room to elaborate on other women I read like Nellie2, or BambisMusings. Most likely some of the blogs I read may be women and I never noticed.

I really don’t know anymore about these bright women besides what I read in their Blog. We’ve never met in person and I really don’t know how young they are. I can just say when it comes to the effort they make to help others, I’m a huge fan.


Share on Facebook


6 Comments:

Blogger Nellie2 said...

Thank you Bill... I don't know what to say except that I'm honoured. I'll have to make sure that I make an extra effort to check my spelling from now on.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The hardest part of writing this piece was not being able to include all the women whose information I depend on. For instance, how could I have missed Deb Shinder who writes for Sunbelt.

I also feel like it's stupid that I have to point out that women contribute equally, or in this case, more!

As the father of two brilliant daughters I have discovered there are some people out there who still don't get it.

6:33 PM  
Blogger LilBambi said...

Thanks Bill for the mention, much appreciated.

I have returned the favor at my blog.

I love WinPatrol and recommend it whenever I can.

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your very kind words Bill :)

My apologies for not responding sooner - I've been trying, unsuccessfully, to take a bit of a sabbatical since end March..

9:06 AM  
Blogger Sebastian said...

The rewrite won't be as spontaneous .. I just wanted to say what a great guy you are .. first I love your product .. have both the dog and the cat .. and the dog is one of the few I can refer to and understand. And second thank you for acknowledging the female sites .. it will help me to go to them. So thank you very much.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Sebastian said...

I just wanted to say thank you for not only your products .. I have the dog and the cat and the dog is one that I can understand. But also thank you very much for crediting and posting the female sites you like. You are a benevolent and helpful human being!

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home