Bits from Bill

Technology thoughts leaking from the brain of "Bill Pytlovany"

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Internet on a Cruise Ship

I had hoped to write more while I was away on a geek cruise but our boat has some technical limitations. They say normally they don't have problems but this week it's been tough to stay online. When I have gotten online it's been pretty slow. The price varies but if you purchase 1000 minutes it comes down to 29 per minute.

One of our speakers, Harry McCracken has also blogged about our trip and noticed that the internet provider on the seas has some limitations. When Harry tried to use Skype a dialog appeared letting him know access was restricted.

Click below to read more from Harry.
http://blogs.pcworld.com/techlog/archives/003688.html

Otherwise I'm pretty happy to be away recharging my batteries and I'm not missing the sub-zero temperatures back home.

Share on Facebook


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home